Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #2661 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I didn't say they couldn't be creative. I'm just saying that's icing on the cake if they are. I don't go into a pop album automatically expecting it to be artistically creative.

money? how many albums do you buy? you know we live in the download generation right?
LOL Im kinda old school when it comes to purchasing music. Its exciting for me to buy a GOOD new release and to have it in my hands lol Also, when it comes to some of my favorite artists, I like to go out and support them.

To answer your question, I dont buy new releases majority of the time. I try to build my catalogue by buying old releases simply because I enjoy older music more. I know I can download the album but I like supporting the artist especially if I really enjoy the album.

I dont really look at pop music any differently than the other types I listen too. I treat all the music I listen to equally. If its a good song, its a good song regardless if its pop or not. If its creative, then its creative whether its pop or not and so forth.

For instance Ive heard some thought provoking pop music and then Ive heard some bland undeground music and vice versa. All music can be creative and artistic. Even "fun music" can be creative and daring ; )

In Gaga's case, she has the ability to be more artistically than what the song suggests.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote