Music Banter - View Single Post - World Cup 2014 thread
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 03:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Kittens View Post
Messi seriously must have hit the bar or post 3 or 4 times in the last World Cup, Messi does everything, in 2010 he was still being used as a playmaker for Argentina so assisting would have been as important as his goals (can't be bothered to check how many assists he got.) He couldn't do anything about Germany either, they were just better. There's no chance he won't score in Brazil, he is superhuman and is not going to bottle it.
Yeah, I was gonna say that Messi was pretty unlucky in South Africa. If he didn't hit the woodwork he was forcing fantastic saves out of opposition keepers. This'll be the world cup for him to prove himself at a major international tournament, and seeing if he steps up to the task or not will alone make this an interesting tournament.

Overall, I'm just hoping for a more watchable world cup than 2010. Such a dire tournament that was top to bottom - I just hope more teams bring their A-game to this one.

And as for England, unless Hodgson turns things around quickly and stops picking mediocre (at best) players like Ashley Young, Danny Wellbeck and James Milner, we could be in real danger of not getting past the qualifiers here. I really hope I'm wrong though. I was willing to cut Hodgson and the lads some slack right up until that draw with Montenegro earlier this year. Since then my patience has been pretty thoroughly worn thin with this lot.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote