Music Banter - View Single Post - World Cup 2014 thread
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Must have been mental in Spain in 2010 miss P, I wanted Spain to win once it was them or the Netherlands.

Good point Astronomer, that sort of brings me on to Qatar. All the detail and intricacy that goes into these bids, stadiums, hotels, transport systems and so on... At no point did anyone turn round and say "hang on it might just be too hot to play football in the desert in June."

A country with just two existing stadiums actually won the World Cup bid. What a farce. England could host a World Cup at a week's notice, we have the best football stadiums, facilities, everything is already in place and we are a football nation, no better place to have one. Qatar ffs . It is being played in summer in 50+ degree heat (there is talk of building 10 new air conditioned stadiums for this ffs but that isn't a definite yet, either that or they are actually going to stop the world's football leagues and move the tournament to the winter ). Imagine the sh1t storm if a player collapses and dies out there? The fans are going to absolutely fhucking melt outside the stadiums, the Qataris themselves move out in the summer to cooler climates, you can't actually be outside in daytime in the summer there. There's talk of fans having to fly in from Dubai for every game .

And what if a player is out as gay by then, is he going to be deported or executed? Homosexuality is illegal there. Not only is it a backwards country it's just stupid on every level. There is no reason for it to go there, nobody will gain anything from having a World Cup in Qatar. It's such a blatant bribe to get it there, and yet feck all is being done about it.

The other bidders included England and Australia. And 2018 went to Russia .

I agree Bulldog, its going to happen, you just know it . The equaliser that Montenegro got did it. Feels like 2008 again. And I agree, South Africa was piss poor and I'm not just saying that because I'm English.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote