Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #2651 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Trollheart

I hope you don't take this the wrong way Trollheart but you are extremely sensitive and that's a horrible quality to have in a mod. I just really hope you aren't being considered for a mod position. I appreciate everything else you've done for the forums especially the journal section but a mod position wouldn't suit you at all imo. I also feel like the main reason we clash is that we both tend to read too much into things and only pick apart what we want out of things that we say to each other. From there we just go on a roller coaster ride of twisting words around.

Yes, I know I'm going to get backlash over this but I felt like it needed to be said. I'm probably going to need some of Big3's schmooze cream.
I am certainly sensitive, I know that. And although I've been put forward by various people, not in an official capacity or anything, as a mod I've declined as I have way too much on my hands. Even so, I dont think I'd make a bad mod. Having feelings should not be a detriment for any mod. Look at Vanilla; she's quite sensitive in the best way possible, and BD gets her feelings hurt too, but it doesn't stop them doing their job.

I get what you're saying though and I don't take offence. Neither though do I agree with your assessment of me, which is based mostly around arguments and differences of opinion we've had. There's probably only one other person who I would say I don't get along with/have a problem with here, and we all know who she is. It's not a problem being sensitive if people respect your feelings and your opinions, and the vast, vast majority of members here do.

FWIW I also think you'd make a bad mod, and that's not just lashing back at you. You may not think it but I actually feel that you are in ways just as sensitive as me and if that's a bad quality to have in a mod, then both of us should just steer clear of the job. If we were offered it.