Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog Rock Album Club
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #501 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

You bastards! I spent time putting that questionnaire together and now you wanna dump it for a fast'n'friendly approach? Meh, do what you want but I think the whole idea of the club is then cheapened if you just fire off quick impressions of the album. I personally thought the questionairre (no, I don't know if it's one n and two rs or the other way round and I'm too tired and lazy to check!) was working. Look at the review Big Ears has done; you want to cut that down to a few paragraphs?

When we started this we were all writing reviews, then the format was settled on to make everything more streamlined and to prevent people (like me) going on for pages and pages. Now you want to go the other way?

Well I must admit it's becoming hard to find the time for the reviews, so maybe you have a point. Perhaps something like I have in "Bitesize"? Damn! I knew I shouldn't have taken on so much work! At the moment I'm writing an entire review of the French horror drama "The returned" as well as putting Metal Week together for my main journal. Plus my sister is pretty sick this week, which obviously takes time away from my writing.

Okay then, let's try it your way, see how it goes. But I'm keeping the league table, of which the latest will be published, er, pretty soon...