Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Pink Floyd Albums
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 05:38 AM   #102 (permalink)
Normand
Groupie

A Saucerful of Secrets is the first PF LP I bought (I had to order it without knowing what to expect, 'cause you couldn't find any PF album on the shelves back in '67!) – right after I had heard the amazing "See Emily Play" on the radio. Can you imagine the thrill of a lifetime this was for the teenager I was then!? It was love at first sight – or at first hearing I should rather say. NO ONE in my classroom or in the schoolyard - including myself! - new anything about PF at the time. Compared to what the musical scene had to offer in the late sixties, it was just mind-blowing, incredibly out of this world! Truly my best musical experience ever! If I were ever to "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" or have a trip in a Flying Saucer, this is THE album I would take with me. In my opinion, SOS is number ONE for ever – nothing less! And PF will always remain my all-time favorite band, even though I was less impressed with – and finally lost interest in – what they did afterwards. Anyway, here's my personal top 10 choice (not an easy one, for every single album contains songs that give me the chills and others I hardly can stand):

1 – A Saucerful of Secrets
2 - Pink Floyd: Live at Pompeii (I know, it's a concert film, but still...) – and/or Ummagumma (both studio and live versions) if we are to stick to albums only
3 – Meddle
4 – Atom Heart Mother
5 – Wish You Were Here
6 – The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
7 – The Dark Side of the Moon
8 – Delicate Sound of Thunder (again, it's music taken from a concert, but still...) – and/or A Momentary Lapse Of Reason if we are to stick to studio albums only
9 – The Wall
10 – Obscured by Clouds

Norm
Normand is offline   Reply With Quote