Music Banter - View Single Post - *** The Themed Weekly Member Mixtape Thread Is Back ***
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #91 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
11. wolverinewolfweiselpigeon: Nouvelle Vague - No One Knows
Nice and mellow, and a good bossa nova, or 'Girl From Ipanema' style cover of Queens.

Quote:
12. rostasi: Stara Rzeka - Przebudzenie Boga Wschodu
I used to take the train in to work everyday, and this would have been a nice listen for the ride. They've managed to create a very good imitation train ride sound, almost Tangeine Dream-ish.

Quote:
13. Powerstars: Killers - Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
Love the melody on this one. Although I don't usually listen to euro-style stuff this was good. I've never heard to Killers before.

Quote:
14. duga: Alpine Decline - Sleeping Gas
A bit meloncholy for my tastes, but I can appreciate the artistry here.

Quote:
15. Frownland: Sonny Sharrock - Promises Kept
Always a fan of some free style jazz. Nice piece.

Quote:
16. The Batlord: Grand Belial's Key - Vultures of Misfortune
Was kind of expecting this one. Threw me off at first, but when it kicked in, I was like "Aha! There it is". Not a fan of the growl, but yeah it kicked some serious bootay.

Quote:
17. Astronomer: Twelve Foot Ninja - Ain't That A Bitch
Never heard this band before. Nice mix of easy listening, and heavier styles. I'll have to give this one a few more spins.

Quote:
18. Vanilla: Flume - Insane
Again, not my cup-o-tea, but I appreciate the artistry.

Quote:
19. bob.: Corrections House - Hoax the System
Droning, minimalistic, kinda heavy... almost early Ministry-ish. Pretty cool.

Quote:
20. Arya Stark: Father John Misty - Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings
Nice concept piece. I had to turn it up at the end to hear the BG.

Quote:
21. Sequoioideae: Coffins - Decapitated Crawl
Whoa. Although I'm not a doom fan, I can appreciate the... ummm... artistry? It seems this type of thing has been the proverbial "Beaten Dead Horse" for a while now. Someone give that man a cough drop.

Quote:
22. Plankton: Rush - Time Stand Still
Just reiterating what I posted earlier. Sitting with friends, had a random CD on, and it was one of those moments where everyone is talking and having fun, and I'm tinking deeply about life when this tune comes on. It fit so perfectly I figured I'd share it on the MB Mixtape.

Quote:
23. Burning Down: Let's Active - Horizon
Kind of whimsical, and shimmery. Not a bad tune, just not my thing.

This really opens up the doors for new music for me, and I appreciate you putting this together Dr Rez. Looking forward to lots more of this.