Music Banter - View Single Post - How old were you...
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsy View Post
when you attended your first show/concert? (a gig you wanted to see, not some christian pop group your youth minister and parents wrangled you into witnessing)

I was very unfortunate on this front and didn't see a band I wanted to until much, much later in life.

How young is too young? If a show is "all ages", what do you think the appropriate age is?

My 10 year old daughter has been to a show with me and she was, by far, the youngest there. I know this all depends on the venue. The show she accompanied me to, did have a bar, but it was outside the music hall and there was no drunkenness on display.

She loves Vampire Weekend and I am taking her to see them as well (on a school night). Same type of venue.

The announcements of these plans to family and others is sometimes met with a mild disdain. I see nothing wrong with it. I'm sure many of the 'disdainers' are imagining some type of rock arena concert and the fear of her being trampled.

What do you think?
First concert with the parents was Three Dog Night at the Wild Animal Park in San Diego I was 8. Was a pot-filled, drug induced, drunken stupor. Well for my parents anyway.

My first show was at age 12/1982 my parents bought me tickets to see Duran Duran cause I was such a prissy fanboy. I was pleasantly surprised how good they are live.

The same year i got to see the initial US FESTIVAL and was blown away. We camped out on Friday and Saturday in an RV. I got to see The English Beat and Talking Heads Friday night. Was the beginning of my deep profound love for anything David Byrne. Saturday night I got to see another band that would blow me away The Cars, The Kinks also performed and Tom Petty, not a bad festival really.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote