Music Banter - View Single Post - How old were you...
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #27 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I was around 21. I know because I could actually drink. It was Children of Bodom, with Black Dahlia Murder and Between the Buried and Me opening. I've always been a recluse, so I just never gave much thought to going to concerts, then I heard on the local rock radio station that this show was happening the next day, and I was totally into COB and BTBAM (it was right around the time they released Colors), so I just got it into my head that I was going to this show and I didn't care how. One of the best decisions I ever made. Got wasted, moshed, and in general just had the time of my ****ing life. Only regret is that the Children of Bodom and BTBAM tour shirts I got are now too small for my fat ass. And I'm pretty sure my mom threw out the BTBAM shirt because it had a cat skeleton on it. Cause they're not a bunch of touchy-feely vegans or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazed View Post
14 years old when I went with my parents to a Johnny Cash concert.
I didn't know they let children in for conjugal visits.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote