Music Banter - View Single Post - Sopsych Complaint Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #39 (permalink)
sopsych
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I find it interesting (and annoying) that you go on about people ignoring facts yet you have very conveniently completely ignored my post challenging your assertion that journals are read by only a "few" people. I've given you evidence of over 100,000 views in my own, plus thousands in my others and more than ten thousand in other journals by other people, with decent conversations being held, yet you have no answer to that.

Can you not at least admit that a) that was a completely offhand and not researched comment and b) it was completely wrong? Do you, or have you, ever even read anyone's journal, or are you just, as usual, making a massive, unsupported assumption and then ignoring the fact that it's wrong because it doesn't fit in with the way you want things to be? Can you not accept you've made a grevious error in judgement here? This only refers to the journals, which I sort of see as my child, given how much time I spend on mine and the encouragement I give to others, but it's sort of indicative of your whole mindset: you shout and scream about the things you don't like but then can't admit you're wrong about things you ARE wrong about, and are not prepared to try to help or foster change without adding your own "rider" onto that.

If anyone's guilty of causing, and maintaining, a level of drama we've not seen in some time, here's a mirror.
I wanted to look at the numbers first, since they didn't make sense. They still don't make much sense, though the sheer age of some of those journal threads automatically give them many views (search engine robots included). I do not know how many people currently post to that section - mods could more easily research that than I could - but it ought to be less than the number in General Music. ("Ought to" because Journals are inherently clique-oriented.) I'm going to make another assertion - that Journals have virtually no impact on whether new members became regular contributors to the site. (Lots of people patting themselves on the back for something that in practice doesn't address the gist of Duga's complaint.)

So, I'm wrong about a very minor point that's hardly related to site atmosphere, and you want a medal? How many people have joined this week, been turned off by the types of discussion they've seen, and probably never will return?

Well, okay, on a positive note, some nasty posts were deleted from this thread.

Last edited by sopsych; 08-16-2013 at 11:50 AM.