Music Banter - View Single Post - Sopsych Complaint Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #49 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopsych View Post
Robots index everything public, I believe.

How many times have you approved there a comment from someone with fewer than 30 posts? I see a few from one person - I didn't look back very far. Not did I look at other people's journals. Maybe they are visited as much as some music sections, but that would be a bad sign if true - journals don't and can't lead to the kind of sustained discussion that regular threads can.

Also, I didn't say anything about moderator performance re Journals. My point is that effort spent there doesn't do much for the site as a whole. The idea that people can fix this site by just posting more Journal entries or starting more threads is ridiculous. Unless Music Banter wishes to become the Live Journal of music musings, which is not my vision of the site and probably wouldn't succeed.
Bolded part number one: What are you talking about? I'm not a mod, I can't approve posts! Also, your English needs looking at: approved there a comment?

Bolded part number two: Yes they can. You say potato, I say tuber vegetable.

Bolded part number three: Neither did I. Where are you getting that from?

Bolded part number four: This site doesn't need fixing. A little tweaking maybe but then I've never been one to pass up a tweak...