Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #303 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I sometimes get the feeling that some of the members here, when they read a post, just try their best to find something offensive in that post or some angle from which they can approach its contents so that it becomes offensive and they can get angry. In other words, a lot of members here will start trolling, generate drama and escalate hostility over things I personally think of as rather trivial.

I'm not a naturally passionate or spontaneous sort of person and it takes a while for me to get mad and maybe I'm the one acting strange, but .. If you want a quiet environment and someone's talking loud, it doesn't really help to start screaming back. Likewise, if you want a friendlier environment and someone comes along with an opinion you don't like, acting angry and hostile is obviously not going to help towards that goal.

We can't control people's thoughts on the forum so there are going to be differing opinions. And, except in the most extreme cases, it's not really the opinions themselves which generate the problems, but the way we communicate them.