Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 05:36 AM   #332 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Tore, I love ya man but I have to agree you're being blinded here to what sopsych is doing. He hasn't offered a single solution that doesn't come with a condition, he seems to think that everyone is waiting with bated breath for his mythical "great threads" and telling us he won't make these legendary threads unless we change things the way HE wants them changed, and he's restating the same points over and over again. He really seems to have a thing about some mods. TBH --- and just to make it clear, I do NOT think this is the case but just hypothetically --- he's so "into" you as a mod that were I not sure it was not the case I might think he was your sock puppet: it's that odd. He has nothing bad to say about you -- and neither do I --- and that's fine, but mods like Pedestrian, Jansz, Vanilla don't seem to matter to him, and you know and I know the incredible job they're doing.

I personally think the derail split thread was a great idea, though I did notice and say here that unfortunately it ended up pulling all the discussion from here before it was closed, so perhaps didn't have the expected or desired effect. But it was I think a good idea, an attempt to calm things down and return the thread to its topic. Let's not forget that duga started this but it also ended up being taken over by Sop.

I'd like also to take issue with Veg (welcome back by the way but): why do you always stand up for the aggressor, or I guess you'd say the underdog, without considering the other side? It's all very well to say so-and-so is being victimised but if you take the time to do your research into that person you'll see he or she has brought this upon him or herself, and I think it's grossly unfair to suddenly paint them as the injured party without any balance on the other side. Sop has been crying about change here for at least months but hasn't done a single thing to achieve it, then when people do he sneers at their efforts. He ignores salient points and dismisses others, and repeats his mantra like a robot. It's hard to have patience with someone like that. I think you're a great debater but you should really try to focus your, shall we say, defending, upon those who actually deserve it. Not everyone who you see as being oppressed here is a victim; some make their own bed and you shouldn't be helping them sort it.

It's very frustrating for members who want to enjoy this site to have someone constantly complain without offering solutions, and worse to have someone then say, effectively, there there, did the nasty members upset you? Never mind: I'll stand up for you. That's all very fine and good if they deserve it, but sop has by now used up every reserve of sympathy and patience most if not all of us here have, so to come on at this late stage and start defending him makes me wonder: have you read the whole thread through? Do you know what you're dealing with, and what you're trying to defend?