Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #346 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Tore, plenty of people have already engaged with him reasonably. you can dress this up as "anger to create power over the conversation" all you like, but the simple fact of it is he has a clear anti-mod agenda and mercilessly pursues it to the point of an absolute, abject refusal to even address the positive efforts made by others that are already making possible the change he insists isn't happening.

this has gone on long enough and as people, not arbiters of some rigid set of rules,we have to recognise that sop is the disruptive party,the one causing this particular problem, and moreover, the one who should be removed from the conversation until such time as he can actually take part in it without coming across as a condescending,holier than thou, baiting troll.
I've now gone back through the thread and read every post by him. I see he has some rather radical ideas, like the idea that mods should be voted for and that in order for them to stay on, they have to be re-chosen every year. He writes moderators should not participate in forum drama. He writes that he doesn't want to create more music threads in the current environment because they are likely to be subjected to bad behaviour. He suggests that moderators should delete replies which only consists of a picture.

They may be extreme opinions, but they don't seem particularly provocative or offensive to me. None of them seem trolly to me. It is not a requirement here that noone takes offense at our opinions, is it? It is clear that he thinks the current system doesn't work, but while most of us may think of the changes he suggests as a bit excessive, isn't the whole point of this thread rooted in that somehow the way things are done here does not prevent drama, hostility and clickyness?

In his first post, Duga writes the following :

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga
This forum has turned into nothing but a drama filled cliquey bitchfest and frankly, it disgusts me.
Does this make Duga a condescending, holier than thou, baiting troll? What about me? I don't think our mods have been good at preventing drama, hostility and clicky behaviour lately either and I think they should protect Sopsych from getting trolled just as much as they should protect me or you from getting trolled. Or anyone else for that matter. I also think some of the mods have been mods for too long. It's a job that tires you out over time. You lose interest. For that reason, I think changing mods more often can be a good idea. Not to mention I think we should all move to a new site.

Does that make me a condescending, holier-than-thou, baiting troll with an agenda too?

I want to discuss these things seriously. If people take offense at everything and act on that, then we can't.