Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #348 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I've now gone back through the thread and read every post by him. I see he has some rather radical ideas, like the idea that mods should be voted for and that in order for them to stay on, they have to be re-chosen every year. He writes moderators should not participate in forum drama. He writes that he doesn't want to create more music threads in the current environment because they are likely to be subjected to bad behaviour. He suggests that moderators should delete replies which only consists of a picture.

They may be extreme opinions, but they don't seem particularly provocative or offensive to me. None of them seem trolly to me. It is not a requirement here that noone takes offense at our opinions, is it? It is clear that he thinks the current system doesn't work, but while most of us may think of the changes he suggests as a bit excessive, isn't the whole point of this thread rooted in that somehow the way things are done here does not prevent drama, hostility and clickyness?
For me, the problem is not his opinions. It's how he keeps reiterating them after members have said they won't work for technical reasons or that they don't agree. It hasn't gotten through, it seems, and to keep saying the same things over again and ask questions that have continuously been answered by other members and moderators time and again IS trolling, in my honest opinion. The whole "schtick" (as Fred has put it) has become a farce now. Attempts by other members like Dr. Rez, AwwSugar, Trollheart, et al to create threads and foster and encourage music discussion is not all smoke and mirrors like Sopsych thinks.

He complains that there is no music discussion happening, and when I pointed out some new threads that he could participate in or simply just read and browse through, he shot them down saying he did not wish to participate, and did not investigate into OTHER threads himself, as if the threads I chose were the be all and end all of music discussion here. I'm seriously at a loss for what can or should be done now to say to this member "Look there are all kinds of discussions happening!" and provide some links as a starting point. Not even bothering to check out existing music and other active discussions, and then coming here to complain about the lack of conversations happening, is crazy.

There is a ridiculous amount of white knighting going on in this thread. It's really getting old now, and it's not effective. Tore and Erica, I love you both, but I think you are both seeing this issue through rose coloured glasses.