Music Banter - View Single Post - Affordable Health Care Act
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #41 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

@HHBH You need to realise that we in the UK and in other Commonwealth countries are completely used to a free healthcare system (which I know you know) and it's always been that way. So to challenge somebody in one of these locations for another alternative to fund the healthcare system is largely a waste of time, it's seen as free here and apart from taxation why should we need to take out insurance to pay for it and that is the view here. So when Astronomer challenges the US system, partly it's going to be from an element of shock and surprise as to why the USA isn't overly keen on adopting the British model.

Also we in the UK and I guess in the other Commonwealth countries are used to being cared for by the state to a large degree. The thought of an individual here taking on more responsibility and having less reliance on state services, is as about as shocking as having guns in our society.

Lots of people outside of the USA including myself, actually find the US healthcare system an interesting subject to look at, as it's all quite alien. Therefore non-Americans stepping into this thread are going to find the system there quite bizarre to say the least and will make errors of judgement on facts when talking about it, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't discuss it.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 08-17-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote