Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #181 (permalink)
Powerstars
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Sorry to hear that, Power me old mate, but as I said myself it's a massive committment, the moreso the way I was doing it, and when you have pretty much lukewarm response from people it becomes a question, unfortunately, of why bother? If people had loved the idea and been more engaged with the table I would have maybe kept going, but other than The Batlord, yourself and one or two other people nobody was interested, not even Screen13 who occupied the top spot for the entire tenure of my running of the table.

When it comes down to it, it's just too much work for no reward, and we all have better things to do. The final conclusion is that the only people really invested in the table are/were those who are/were compiling it, so it's just not worth all the hassle.

Sorry you didn't make it, but it really is a massive job isn't it? Fair play to you for trying though: at least now I know it wasn't just my innate wimpiness that stopped me. As Homer says: "You tried and you failed miserably. The lesson here is, never try."
Thanks for being understanding and backing me up. You're a true bro.