Music Banter - View Single Post - In Utero 20th Anniversery
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

^there is that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Their best album imo

one of the few albums that cover art reflects the sound of the album
such a well produced album too.. the guitar sounds great and the drums sound amazing! Albini did his thing..

the sound reminds me a little of the surfer rosa album by the pixies it has like a raw refined sound to it that is very loud and powerful
again could not agree more....this album in more ways than one set in stone my musical preference as far as rock music is concerned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
This reminds me of my childhood friend who use to buy all the nirvana singles just for that one extra song..
yeah that was me at 17 ....i can honestly say that the first Nirvana song i ever heard was the B side to Smells Like Teen Spirit....Even In His Youth

i think it's kind of unfortunate all of this stuff was released on the box set a few years back....save the live show

personally not much of a collector anymore but this makes a great gift for a friend of mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
I couldn't remember how this went so I went to youtube. Its kind of funny what passed for legit lyrics then. If anyone had written that today, I would have no time for it.

Its also odd that such irreverent lyrics and wholly crushing depression took hold that strongly with the young kids. I mean, its weird to think that many people signed up to be depressed.

Had to be there I guess.
i have to agree with this also....i mean when i was 17 and this came out it described my state of mind....i suppose....but i honestly can not remember ever being that bummed out
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote