Music Banter - View Single Post - Should there be a prog forum on musicbanter? (Read First!)
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 10:56 AM   #52 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Well thats why i think it should have its own forum, i mean your arguement here could be used on anything, rock n roll was a mix of blues, folk, jazz and country. So does that mean the rock forum should be moved to the blues and jazz forum? Punk and Alternative are rock styles and they have their own forum, shouldnt they just be a sub-forum to the rock forum? Rap is just like prog in that it has spawned from many diverse genres of music, we are talking rock, reggae, blues, jazz, funk, soul, etc. All the genres in the world would trace back to just classical and folk, so maybe all the forums here except the classical forum should be made into sub-forums for the folk forum, since it all goes back to folk. So i dont really see where you are coming from.

However i will do anything to see that prog gets a forum of some kind, if its only a sub-forum to the rock forum, then so be it.
you have a point but the the rap, rock, punk/alt genres have all blended sub-genres to create a very instantly recognisable, set sound of their own. the prog sub-genre to me just doesnt have that set, instantly recognisable sound to it. but as i said im all for a prog sub-forum anywhere as i love it.