Music Banter - View Single Post - A Glimpse Inside The Mind of a Chameleon.
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Razor’s Edge 8/6

Hugh Laurie - Didn't It Rain?

There were about four or five excellent releases this week(the week of August 6th) but I HAD to shine the spotlight on Huge Laurie. Yes that Hugh Laurie the one from House and Black Adder for you folks across the pond that knows his comedic background. Let’s stumble through all of the instruments that Hugh knows how to play. If you know anything about him you most likely already know piano and guitar but did you know that he also plays harmonica, drums, and saxophone? This is Hugh’s second album and it covers tango, blues, jazz and R&B. All you need to know about this album before going into it is that Hugh puts his own interpretation on some great classics. Even if you don’t know where the classic songs originated from you may end up researching it to find them and do a little comparison. I know I use this phrase quite often but I was definitely surprised by this album and how much I ended up enjoying it. The album opens up with "The St. Louis Blues," which is a blues/jazz standard reinterpreted on the album (as are most of the tracks). "Junkers Blues" is the next track on the album, originally recorded by Champion Jack Dupree, and is faithful into the original but still managing to breathe some life into the track. The third track, "Kiss of Fire," is another classic track, originally made famous in 1952 by Georgia Gibbs. The fourth track, "Vicksburg Blues," is another blues classic. I’m pretty sure you get the gist of what I mentioned earlier.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote