Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #461 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
I was just annoyed because I think this thread is great, and allowing him to babble on just continuously derails it and prevents any real progress we were making.
Rez, I don't agree with everything this guy writes and I wish he was more diplomatic and not so uncompromising with his posts, but as for what derails the thread, take a look at the last couple of pages now. You'll see posts like this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Don't forget though Rez - The forum will be amazing once he starts contributing - he just refuses to do so until the forum is changed according to "his vision".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Maybe he senses that he's gone too far and will never be taken seriously again because he's established a reputation that will be nearly impossible to shake without more effort and patience on his part than he is capable of exercising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Yet he is still putting an enormous amount of time and energy into this particular thread. Again, what is the point of that?
Quote:
Getting a rise out of people because he's bitter. It's working. What we should do is ignore him until he makes a positive effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Maybe if he comes up with a five year plan to implement his Orwellian vision of this site he would be taken more seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
You make too much sense. Get out of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
I made like 3 posts saying just that. People have the right to complain as much as they want...if they contribute themselves.
Quote:
Right, that is what I'm talking about (the posts we both refer to) when I say that people think they're responding appropriately in a situation when they're actually just prolonging drama. When you sense you're not getting through to someone, drop the subject. I just can't grasp this need for people to get the last word into an argument.
Now, I love you guys and I understand your irritation, but all these posts contribute to derailing the thread. And it's you guys who make them. If, instead of voicing your opinion every time you get annoyed, you guys could just avoid expressing that annoyance or mentally ignore the annoying post - or actually put the guy on ignore, that would help keep the thread on topic.

If we all gotta make an effort to keep the forums friendly and less hostile, can't we start now?