Music Banter - View Single Post - Human Behaviour
Thread: Human Behaviour
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #131 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
My roommate constantly texts while she drives on the basis that "she's not looking at the phone". However, psychologically, what's dangerous about texting and driving isn't where your eyes go, it's where your mind goes. You simply can't process those two different situations at the same time, leading to inattention on the road as you think about the message you're sending.
I´d be careful about buying into your friend´s "not-looking-at-the-phone" excuse, Pedestrian. I heard on Dr.Phil, of all places, that there is a 70% loss of road attention for drivers who are texting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
And what you're saying about your mind on the roard is true but IMO is no different that speaking with another person in the car or even listening to the radio or an iPod or whatnot. I think the level of that distraction is acceptably low.
^ This sounds logical to me - I think the risk is when you only have the one hand free for driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post

What I hate and cannot understand is people who stand way too close behind me while standing in any kind of line. As if this will make the line move more quickly. It's like they actually want their nose no further than two inches from my neck, or want to force me to push forward. And when I do move a bit closer to the person in front of me, they keep shuffling up behind me. I'm not going to stick my face in the back of the person's head in front of me so I stand there uncomfortably. What the ****?
^ Yes ! This bugs me so much more than it should, and I don´t know why.