Music Banter - View Single Post - Shoegaze
Thread: Shoegaze
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #353 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Gonna have to agree with you there. I really loved Colour Trip and the new one didn't really deliver. While I wouldn't necessarily call them shoegaze, The History of Apple Pie's album Out of View is clearly inspired by later Lush...which I really enjoy. It's one of those albums that's not particularly special, but for some reason I just can't get enough of it. It's one of my favorites from this year for sure.

Have you heard Medicine's new album? I think it's been something like 17 years since their last one...I haven't listened yet but it's been lined up in my queue.
I really liked Colour Trip and the Sparkler compilation. I thought some songs on their last album were fairly poor, clearly a band that ran out of ideas. I haven't listened to The History of Apple Pie yet but I'll add them to my list on your recommendation.

Haven't listened to the new Medicine album either but probably will at some stage. It's been quite a year for bands releasing new material after a long period, there's also the first Mazzy Star album in 17 years next month.