Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you think Rock Artists lose credibility when going to reality shows?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sharkie
Music Addict

Default Do you think Rock Artists lose credibility when going to reality shows?

A thread not about music, wow.

Or singing shows for that matter.

Steven Tyler was in American idol. Ozzy Osbourne and Gene Simmons started their own show, am I missing anyone else?

I have seen some Rock fans reacting badly to those shows. I even heard one saying that Ozzy became the joke of United States. I watched that show and found it amusing tbh, it showed a side of Ozzy that one one would expect (if you're not a fan).

Honestly, I don't care that much, but I think being a Rock star implies some kind of mysticism. I do think that Rock is the most respected genre overall, considering the amount of posers it has and the overbearingness of some people. So that would make the Rock genre and it's representants to be put in some kind of pedestal.

But to be honest, I felt quite relieved when I found out Bruce Dickinson declined to host The Voice in UK. I have absolutely no faith in those shows, besides he would be... exposed to the public in a different way. Would he have thought that Iron Maiden would be considered less?

-Angus Young
Sharkie is offline   Reply With Quote