Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 02:32 AM   #55 (permalink)
Key

Number 7 out of 15: The Black Keys - Attack & Release

Both this album and the song I posted were the first of my listening to The Black Keys. Needless to say, it really got me in the mood to listen to almost all of their other albums. I had always heard very positive things about this group but never really took the time to really get into them, but when I finally just did it, I started with this album because it just seemed like a good one, and boy was I right. Not to say their other albums are any less enjoyable, they're all very enjoyable. This one in particular just holds a special place in my heart because it just reminds me of when I finally just broke down and listened to them, and at the same time, I was able to see why they get so much talk, because they are amazing. Everything from the vocals, to the distortion, to the acoustic, to just everything else. They manage to pull together everything about this type of music together into something very enjoyable to listen to. I'm not really sure what I was expected to hear when I started listening to them, so I don't really have any disappointments about the group, i'm just happy it was one of those "holy crap, this is why people talk about them" moments. Definitely worth a listen if you're in a late night smooth rock mood (which at this moment it's 1:32 in the morning) and you just want something easy to listen to yet still being enjoyable.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote