Music Banter - View Single Post - The Constructive Ideas Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #90 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

sop´s suggestion isn´t really necessary because all those old musical-discussion threads are already freely available to any member who is interested. Either you can search for a topic, or do what I´ve done sometimes; enter a music forum and click on the "last" index page. Personally, I quite enjoy reading a bumped thread or rooting around in the archives to discover some forgotten band. As people may have guessed, I like the idea of continuity or connection with the past. The only depressing thing with old MB threads is that you´re usually reading the opinions of people who have long gone - and of course, as TH says, some threads just aren´t relevant any more:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Let's not forget that "classic" as sop wants to call them threads may very well be dated, and so not that relevant. Would anyone really post in a thread that said "What does everyone think of this new lot Nirvana?" or "Who thinks Dave Mustaine will stay with Metallica?"

I personally think it's a bad idea, discouraging new threads being made, comes across as lazy and also gives rise to the terrifying Attack of the Zombie Threads, which I'm sure none of us are adequately prepared for..
^ You make that sound like too much fun, TH, stop giving me ideas !