Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #12762 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
No, definitely not.

No.
Okay, well I guess he must be brain-damaged then after all... :
I have to admit, I feel a little uncomfortable discussing something so intensely personal and important to you in public, but you need support so time to put my money where my mouth is, and hope I don't just have a pocketful of change cos that would taste awful!

Your feelings seem --- I say seem, because I have, and nobody here has, any real idea how you're feeling --- to have shifted in the last day or so as you consider that maybe the relationship won't last. I reiterate my point that any man who would willingly give you up and not fight for you needs his head examined, but there's no point, to my mind, in metaphorically sitting by the phone waiting for him to call, especially if you suspect he may not. You have far more to give to limit yourself to that sort of life.

So I would say you probably need to ask yourself some hard questions and see where your life goes from here. Do you feel you can, or can't live without him, and if the answer is the former, then why are you putting yourself through this? Any man who would not make it his life's mission to retain you by his side is definitely not worth it, in my very humble opinion, and maybe it's time to accept that he wasn't the one for you after all. Maybe you were just trying to make him into what you wanted to be, but if he's not interested in being that person you can't really force him to be.

If it's not too private, what, generally obviously, did he say before he left? Did he give you any indication as to how he felt?

You know, my heart hurts for you Jess, but please don't waste your life like the girl in the Eagles song "The girl from yesterday". That's just not you, and you deserve a million times better than that.