Music Banter - View Single Post - Beauty Life-Hacks
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 04:08 AM   #100 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronomer View Post
Green tea does have benefits in terms of weight loss, if you are substituting an unhealthier drink for it.
Yeah I agree but that's a diet change, has nothing to do with speeding up your metabolism.

You could drink water and achieve the same results, so it's not exclusive to green tea.

Quote:
Many people give up their regular coffees which include milk/sugar, or sugary drinks, or other things and replace these drinks with green tea, which in turn will help you to loose weight So I guess if you are using green tea as a healthier alternative to something you used to have every day - it's going to be a helpful change.

But if you're just adding green tea into your diet as an additional beverage it's not going to do anything...
Real, but that's what I've seen studies claim.

Quote:
Drinking green tea is one of the easiest ways to rev up your metabolism. A study reported in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that green tea-extract increases the metabolism by 4% over a 24 hour period.

Three to five cups a day can help you burn an extra 70 calories a day, which adds up to seven pounds a year, 35 pounds for five years and 70 pounds for 10 years.
4% lol. The difference is going to be completely insignificant.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote