Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #12775 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Sometimes I really wish I didn't feel as though I had to subscribe to all of these little unwritten rules and laws of society, especially when it comes to human interaction and also beginning to get to know someone better.

Theres always these little rules we abide by to spare or protect peoples feelings and when getting to know someone, theres always the little dance you find yourself drawn into because people don't say what they mean. Instead you have to attempt to try and work out what it is they mean, and to ensure you don't put this person off or they don't take something you say the 'wrong' way, chances are you aren't gonna say exactly what it is you mean either. The dance continues.

It almost feels as though you have to decipher every thing they say, every line of text, body language and so on. Break some kind of code to better understand what they mean, where they are, and where you stand.

Sometimes I would love to try just saying what it is I mean. It would never work, because by not following all these little laws you're just gonna offend someone or risk needlessly hurting their feelings. It would certainly make things easier though, in some ways, to just to be completely honest with people at all times.

Basically I would love to adopt the 'Larry David philosophy' in my own life.

Jeff: So, tomorrow night, you guys wanna go to dinner before part two?
Cheryl: Uhmm...
Larry: No.
Cheryl: Well, I do wanna go to part two.
Larry: No.
Jeff: You gotta go to part two! You're a part of the ABC Family!
Cheryl: Yeah, we're definitely going to part two.
Larry: Yeah, but we're not going to dinner with you though.
Cheryl: We've already made plans.
Larry: We don't have any plans, we just don't wanna go to dinner with you.

Sometimes this is exactly the kind of thing I wish I could do and exactly the kind of thing I wish I could say.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote