Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does everyone consider Travis barker to be so talented?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Eh. So are god knows how many other drummers. I think the point about him being the only drummer most people have ever heard of is the most valid here.

He went through a phase of being a guest drummer on a ton of tracks for people, some youtube vids that blew up, that kind of thing. For a while he seemed to be getting a ****ton of exposure for no apparent reason and I think his popularity went up because of that, then people searched for a way to justify it, and ended up saying "He's a better than average drummer, OMG SO GOOD AT DRUMMING".

He's alright. His reputation is way out of whack with his actual ability in the grand scheme of drummers though.
I dont think anyone who has a valid opinion really thinks he is an amazing drummer. The dude is good, perfect for what he does...poppunk. I cant think of a better drummer for...blink 182.

Is he one of my all time favorites, of coarse not. Do I like Blink 182 and think his drumming is spot on...definitely. I am sure he is better than he appears to be in his songs, but Neil Peart wouldnt exactly fit drumming for Blink now would he.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote