Music Banter - View Single Post - 2 British girls arrested for drug smuggling in Peru
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #48 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216 View Post
im kinda confused about the general attitude from u guys. like yea these are two dumbasses but im not sure the reason for the rooting so hard for them to get locked away forever lol. maybe the media coverage is different for u guys so theres a perspective or angle im not seein, it just seems weird to me
I for one think they should be punished, but the 15 or 25 years in a Peruvian jail doesn't fit the crime. These were just two silly girls who were naive enough to get involved in something that they really had no deep understanding of. The 15 to 25 years should actually be for the dealers and cartel members and not the carriers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
So fuck them. I hope they both rot.
I don't think you mean that. They were carrying cocaine which is a drug that is normally used by a higher quality clientele than the drug addicts that you probably have in mind, they buy it as an almost fashion accessory usually from choice or an addiction. Most users I've come across here in the UK, have been professionals or trendy types.

You also need to remember that in certain parts of Latin America, cocaine production is a vital source of employment for elements of the local population. Sure the drug barons are exploiting them, but without this income these people would be even poorer than they are now, Latin America largely has no welfare state, so if you don't work you don't eat.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote