Music Banter - View Single Post - real world
Thread: real world
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
What is the real world?
basically, it's a show that's probably about 25 years old by now. the appeal is that it puts 7 strangers in a house for a few months and just films their interactions and lives.

there is usually a gay person, a bi-racial person, a black guy, etc. in the beginning the people they picked were 'normal' types of people. i remember one year there was a girl in med school on the show which would just never happen today. over the years theyve migrated towards choosing extreme characters with big time personalities for drama purposes. they used to have everyone in the house hold a job at an mtv-chosen work place, but anymore that isnt important or a focal point which is part of why the show is demising imo.

so they kinda built all these people, over many seasons, into semi celebrities and started having challenges with different themes. men vs women, rivals on the same team, rookies vs veterans, etc.

writing that all out it sounds incredibly stupid. but like i said, the challenges especially are my guilty pleasure. unfortunately most of the people have become friends over the years and theres a hierarchy wiht the challenges so certain ppl always run the house, but i still watch and have my favorites i root for
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote