Music Banter - View Single Post - The Allmighty KNIFE Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezdaddy Longlegs View Post
How long has it been like that?
As long as I can remember.

Quote:
I think having a bat or whatever you want with the intention of hurting/killing in intruder is more than ok. What you do in your own house should be your decision especially when it comes to protecting your family. Guns Knives whatever should be allowed.
I have actually been burgled myself where we got properly done over, everything gone and the house had been vandalised. When I arrived at the property, I didn't know if there were still people in the house or that we'd even been broken into as we weren't living there at the time (we had a house fire a few weeks before) and I thought people had broken in a few times and left traces in the garden before this. Can't really say how I'd have reacted if I'd have been face to face with an intruder and I had a weapon. I'd have probably just sh1t myself and ran off as when I realised I was in the house on my own and there could still be people in there, I did sh1t myself. There have been a few cases where an intruder has been killed by the homeowner and the homeowner got off though.

Man who killed burglar walks free - Crime - UK - The Independent

Farmer who shot intruder walks free | Mail Online

But if it's OK to have a weapon to attack people in your house, there is a grey area with self defense and excessive force. I don't think it's right to blow someone's head off in anger if they're trying to get away for example. Some people would do that.

Quote:
When it comes to bringing them around conceled it is a whole new ballgame and I would like to say yes, people who pass a certain level of background check should be able to carry whatever they want..BUT...we do not have the best system for it in America yet. I mean their are 2 sides to the argument and I understand both.

1st side: Being a gun owner I guess I side more with this...but it does have its flaws. A law abiding citizen should be able to carry what he sees fit to protect himself or loved ones friends wherever he pleases. Not to mention any laws prohibiting people from doing so is not going to stop the criminals and illegal carries from happening. All it will do is disarm the law abiding public that could stop such a thing.

2nd side: While most of the people putting themselves on this side of things seem to not know the statistics of gun crimes very well, or have an agenda they DO have a few very important points. First off more people with legal guns gives more people without access to them. Secondly our background check is hardly thorough. If you have not been convicted of a felony or visibly insane you can get a handgun in 15 minutes. Hell you can just legally buy a shotgun off a friend without any paperwork.
This is ridiculous.

I can see both sides to the argument but I'd rather be burgled again than shot. If someone enters your house you can get out. If guns fall into the wrong hands then innocents can be killed and guns shouldn't be able to fall into the wrong hands.

Quote:
I guess in my opinion (one shared by a minority, not even my own family) I would rather deal with the higher chance of violence with the trade off being I am able to protect myself and my family. Things they should do...
-make people take a test for a carry license (aim/gun knowladge/etc)
-improve background checks
-stop misinforming the general public about guns in general
Fair enough.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote