Music Banter - View Single Post - 2 British girls arrested for drug smuggling in Peru
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #52 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Benteke View Post
I think everyone understands smuggling drugs from one country to another is illegal and it is for this reason that they deserve the punishment. Whether you think the punishment fits the crime or not is irrelevant because they knew the risks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
The punishment has to be harsh. Some people could do a three/five year stretch and go on to do the same thing again. A serious, tough message has to be sent and I think this is a good thing. You think any other stupid European girls or guys thinking about doing the same will be having second thoughts now?
I totally agree. In fact, I think we should cut off their hands. They can't carry around brief cases full of cocaine when they have no hands. The fact that's it's cruel and out of proportion to the crime is irrelevent, since deterring crime by any means necessary is what's important.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote