Music Banter - View Single Post - 2 British girls arrested for drug smuggling in Peru
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #69 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Benteke View Post
I don't feel 'strongly' about it really. They're just lying ****s who have been caught trafficking drugs, loads of people try it but they're the ones who've been caught, they should get a harsh sentence if they're found guilty.

You don’t **** about like they have in countries like that, you’re asking for trouble.

Hopefully by the time they're sentenced there is something on Facebook I can like that will make sure they get 25 years.
So it can be clarified that you don't really care about the crime, but do think 25 years is a suitable prison sentence because they told lies in a smug way.

Quote:
That they'd likely get many years in prison for it? I'm sure everyone would know this. You cannot seriously think you can smuggle the amount of coke they tried to smuggle and expect to get a slap on the wrist ffs .
I can remember a case in either an Asian or African state about 15 years ago, where a guy had been caught drug smuggling, he was awaiting execution for his crime. He was crying as he told his story to the reporters, of how he wasn't aware that there was a death penalty if he was caught. He wasn't the brightest of people and it was obvious he'd had no real education and had been lured with easy money. I watched that interview and I remember it as I had just done my Masters degree, and also I had no idea that the death penalty applied in that country and neither did any of the people I mentioned it to either. I see no reason why these two girls should be aware of the 25 year prison sentence in Peru either.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote