Music Banter - View Single Post - *** The Themed Weekly Member Mixtape Thread Is Back ***
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #142 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

1. Mondo Bungle: Ryan Harvey - Gentrification

Not bad. Fairly simple, just a girl and her guitar.

2. Plankton: John Lennon - Working Class Hero

This is K|S|P Project covering John Lennon. It's a side project I was in where we played a few coffee shops, and this was recorded in one take with one mic. I like the eerie-ness of it, and Kim and Sue have great harmonies. You can probably guess what I'm playing.

3. rostasi: R.E.M. - Welcome To The Occupation

Although I like the REM, I never went out of my way to listen to them. This was just about par for the course.

4. Trollheart: William Shatner - I Can't Get Behind That

This was hilarious, and serious at the same time. I like his sense of humor, especially when the jokes' on him, and he knows it. Narcisistically funny.

5. wolverinewolfweiselpigeon: Wingnut Dishwashers Union - **** Every Cop (Who Ever Did His Job)

Punk Ska? I liked it.

6. Pedestrian: Knife - Stay Out Here

A bit too industrial tech for my tastes but an interesting listen just the same.

7. bob.: Blood Axis - The Hangman and the Papist

Bard type, with strong lyrics but not my thing.

8. FrownLand: Frank Zappa - Who Are The Brain Police

Have always had a love/hate relationship with the Zap man. He was surely an innovator, but I can only take so much of his stuff for so long. I know if I listened to this over and over, I'd most likely go insane... just a little bit.

Little Green Men.

9. djchameleon: Dead Prez (ft. Divine) - Malcolm, Garvey & Huey

These kind of beats are always quite interesting to me. I'd like to meet the person behind that and see what his thoughts were when he made it. I mean I've heard tons of killer mixes that I'd like to **** with on guitar. Not a big fan of the Rap, but appreciate it.

10. Rezdaddy Longlegs: Deltron 3030 - 3030

See above.

11. Deviouz: Santogold - Shuv It (feat. Three 6 Mafia & Project Pat)

Sorry no bling here, but good production.

12. Yac: Wax Audio - Sad But Superstitious (Metallica/Steve Wonder Mashup)

Brilliant! Love the mashups! Check out Kung Foo Fighting/Sweet Child O Mine.

13. Duga: Chthonic - Bloody Gaya Fulfilled

Comes in like a banshee... I heard Chtonic before, and although the artists are extremely talented, it's just a bit too sterile. I like a little mud and dirt in my ears.

Not a bad mix all together though! Keep em goin Rez!