Music Banter - View Single Post - The Sexual Experience Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #9085 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronomer View Post
HPV is contagious and spreads from direct skin-to-skin contact, condoms don't protect you from it, which is why like 90% of the sexually active population have contracted the virus at some point in their lifetime.

High risk strains are not associated with actual warts, but will cause you to have cervical cellular abnormalities, if left untreated, will progress to cervical cancer, like Vanilla had. The low risk strains are not associated with any cellular abnormalities, but will cause you to have actual warts. But both forms are contagious.

Having said that though, you can't "reinfect" yourself with the same strain, once you have had that strain of the virus, that's it - your body has antibodies to it. So it's doubtful you will infect anyone anyway because they have probably already had it at some point.
Thanks for explanation Kate. I don't want anyone thinking I'm full of STD's.

If I wasn't having smears in my early twenties I could of got cervical cancer and lose my ability to have children. A lot of women die from cervical cancer.