Music Banter - View Single Post - Alice in Chains...
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 06:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

I think they're good. To me, the only way to describe them is Nirvana's big brother. Rooster and Would are fantastic examples of a grungy Kurt Cobain style while Man in the Box and Them Bones are songs I'd liken to Teen Spirit.
Their instrumentation is fantastic and although not that technically brilliant, I'd say they head down keith moons descriptive path of being fantastic at putting emotion into the music. Sure some it sounds bland at times, I don't particularly like Heaven Beside You but every band has it's average songs. The hits are numerous so it's no wonder so many people like them. Seattle owned the grunge scene and it's no suprise to see AIC come out of Seattle and make it big. Jerry Cantrell and Layne Stanley imo are fantastic song writers as well, I probably like them more than Nirvana to be honest. Though I'd have to say I like Soundgarden more than eather of the two.