Music Banter - View Single Post - 2 British girls arrested for drug smuggling in Peru
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #86 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Benteke View Post
Doesn't intimidate me, no. My mom's family come from Belize (not too far from Peru), they live in a shanty town
They're about as close as the UK is to Mali.

Quote:
I have actually considered living there myself.
That's a minority opinion in every sense, some people might see living in a shanty town as romantic notion, personally I don't.

Good luck if you choose to live somewhere like this. Does the one in Belize that you thought about living in look like this?

Quote:
Spending years in prison would intimidate me far more. Even a British prison would make me sh1t myself.
I think if you asked the two girls which option they prefer, I reckon there's a good chance they choose doing their time in British prison over the community service far from home. At least in a British prison, they'd be on home soil and would have visits from family and friends. Also it's ludicrous to compare the British penal system to a Peruvian one, there's no comparison.

Quote:
If I were to consider smuggling drugs and I knew my punishment would be community service abroad then I'd be far less worried about being caught and more likely to go for it.
You might, but a lot wouldn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
See, this is the same argument that people spew when others get locked up for drugs that would be used for recreational purposes. It's usually a small amount but they get locked away regardless. The amount alone warrants them to rot in an overcrowded jail stitching knickers because the crime may be non-violent but it's funding violent crimes. When you are carrying that much product it usually has different means that it is going for like paying off weapons etc.
That might be true concerning the dealers and drug barons, but the mule carriers who we are concerned with here, by and large would have no notion of the bigger picture that you're painting.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 08-26-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote