Music Banter - View Single Post - 2 British girls arrested for drug smuggling in Peru
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 07:00 AM   #87 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
They'res about as close as the UK is to Mali.
Mali is further away and the two countries are closer in terms of culture than the UK is to Mali.

Quote:
That's a minority opinion in every sense, some people might see living in a shanty town as romantic notion, personally I don't.
Yep I accept this to be fair but you asked me the question so I answered it. And plenty of students volunteer to work in these shitholes. Never seen any who'd volunteer to serve a prison sentence.

Quote:
Good luck if you choose to live somewhere like this. Does the one in Belize that you thought about living in look like this?
No because it's not on a hill.

Quote:
I think if you asked the two girls which option they prefer, I reckon there's a good chance they choose doing their time in British prison over the community service far from home. At least in a British prison, they'd be on home soil and would have visits from family and friends. Also it's ludicrous to compare the British penal system to a Peruvian one, there's no comparison.
I didn't say that, I just pointed out prison would intimidate me more, even somewhere as cushty as Britain.

I would much rather do community service abroad than spend time in a British prison.

Quote:
You might, but a lot wouldn't
No way of proving this so could only answer from my own perspective. But yes I think if these mules knew beforehand they'd only be getting 5 years community service as opposed to 20 in prison if they get caught you'd see an increase in people attempting to smuggle illegal drugs.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote