Music Banter - View Single Post - Great review turned into a BAD interview
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Drak
Groupie

Default Great review turned into a BAD interview

Recently my band got a great review of our show. This was done by a semi-major rock journalist here in LA. It was pretty cool and the band and I were totally stoked about it.

But – and this is where it gets interesting – This journalist called us 2 days later and requested an interview, which we gladly accepted.

Despite the great review, the interview was weird (and not in a good way). The journalist kept taking shots at me about all kinds of things. First, she kept asking me questions about my past – which I really didn’t want to answer. When I told her I wasn’t too comfortable discussing my personal background, she got all preachy about how I agreed to the interview and therefore should expect to have to be a little uncomfortable with some of the questions.

Anyway, a few days after the interview, she published it and made some further rude comments . Basically she said I had a lot of “nervous charisma” (I have no idea what that means), but then spouted off about how vulnerable I am and how I was a “very sensitive young artist” and that I also needed to be more open and honest if I was going to make it in the business.

I guess it’s true that I may be a little sensitive, because I’m still super-pissed off…not to mention confused about what happened.

I’m just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else. How did it go from a great review of our show to a bad review of an interview? Who the hell reviews an interview anyway?

What a bitch, man.

(...and thanks for letting me get that off my chest)
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote