Music Banter - View Single Post - 2 British girls arrested for drug smuggling in Peru
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #99 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Benteke View Post
If that's the law and they've knowingly broke it then yes.
It sounds to me like you favor an amoral system of laws that demands obedience through fear rather than any kind of moral obligation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I don't get why you guys don't seem to think this is a big deal.
I don't know how you can claim such empathy for the victims but then turn around and feel nothing for the accused. It would be one thing if these were hardened, violent criminals, but your contempt for people who are really just idiots shows more callousness than it does respect for justice.

I know that all sounds like personal attacks, but the problem I have with the modern criminal justice system is that it seems more like vengeance than any kind of justice and I think that needs to be pointed out. If all you want is to punish them then put their eyes out and be done with it, but if you want justice then start thinking about rehabilitation rather than throwing non-violent morons into a dungeon for two decades to rot.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote