Music Banter - View Single Post - Ellie Goulding
Thread: Ellie Goulding
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Doing 10 hour shifts at work with a radio, I have a fairly decent idea of the songs in pretty heavy circulation on Radio 1 which is the UK's biggest national station, to the best of my knowledge they are;

One Direction - Best Song Ever: Pretty catchy and upbeat, find myself digging this one quite a bit.

Ellie Goulding - Burn: First song of hers I actually quite like, her voice usually irks me. The production on this is great also

Miley Cyrus -We Can't Stop: Undoubtedly dumb but fun/catchy

Jay-Z & Justin Timberlake - Holy Grail: I really like JT's hook on this song, but I could do without the Smells Like Teen Spirit bridge and this isn't some of Jay's best bars.

Bastille - Pompeii - I fear this song will never go away. It's just so f*cking annoying and I've been sick of it since Christmas, it's the track that just won't disappear.

Passenger - Let Her Go: Sounds like Ed Sheeran, and alike Ed Sheeran is unnecessarily ear grating and whiny. Horrible song.

Avicii - Wake Me Up: Don't like the vocals on this at all, feels like it's trying to sell me on southern USA grocery product. Bad mix of country and electro with one of the most pointless breakdowns I've heard on a track

Rizzle Kicks - Lost Generation: Sounds like every other song they've brought out. Very limited group.

There's probably more, but those are the ones I'm hearing the most.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote