Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #24881 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216 View Post
i find cemetaries creepy. i dont understand the beauty or comfort some have there. makes me want to dismiss them as wannabe edgy weirdos.
Some cemetery-goers are "wannabe edgy weirdos" (what I don't understand is the ones that dress up just for the sake of taking pics of themselves in cemeteries, what the hell is that all about?) but some of us do legitimately find peace and comfort there. One thing I like best about cemeteries is that they remind you that life is short, fickle, almost a joke or a waste, but that it is also beautiful, and death is beautiful. Human existence is beautiful in its own way. Or maybe I just look too deeply into it; or maybe I'm fascinated with death or whatever theory any other person would have about why we're here, or what we're all doing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I have heard too many old wives tales involving creepy stuff that has gone down in cemeteries or even just passing by them. I'm not a fan either. Also, I always look at the different headstones and judge how much money the person or their family had by the quality of them.
Right?! God, I love headstones. I love wondering what happened, what they were like, who they were, etc. If they have family members buried nearby, I wonder where their family was in terms of social class, how their deaths impacted the surviving members of their domicile, and other things of that nature. The funny thing is, I don't wonder about these things in regards to the living. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
I think it would be weird to make out in a cemetery.
I screwed someone in a cemetery once.

I won't go into detail, I'll just leave it at that because of reasons. I will add, however, that it was winter.