Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Star Wars character
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #146 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Pox on your house for saying the novels were lackluster. Did you read his series?
Nah. I read enough with him in it, and the short story where he escaped the Sarlaac. That series would have to do a whole lot to bring me around.

And how can you like those books? Darksaber? Crystal Star? Children of the Jedi? New Rebellion? Abortions all. The X-Wing series was pretty entertaining when I was twelve, but I don't know that I'd really be able to appreciate them as much these days. Even more so with the Young Jedi series. Zahn's books were the only ones that truly justified the Expanded Universe, but his writing style made Stephen King look like Ernest Hemingway. I stopped reading around the time of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion and I'd still like to finish those just for nostalgia purposes, and then of course I'll have to catch up on all these newer ones I see around. Read much mediocre writing will I.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote