Music Banter - View Single Post - VMAs 2013
Thread: VMAs 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #87 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Damn that's upsetting. I don't remember any of his music videos either, really, so it's a pretty weird award to get.

Are there any artists now that you think deserved it more?

Yea its very upseting because its insulting to Michael Jackson who the award is named after. The award is awarded to artists who have made groundbreaking and innovative music video(s).

Personally, no artist out today has made a groundbreaking or innovative music video that I feel will be remembered years from now. We have videos that are popular "at the moment" but we dont have any memorable dinner table discussion music videos today. That particular era has passed.

Now some artists that I felt could have gotten it OVER Justin are ladies like Kelis and Janelle Monae who have far more creative music videos and story plots.

NWA, Heavy D, Public Enemy and Tupac probably should have received the award but MTV tends to ignore rap artists for this particular award.

I just dont see how you can be gone from music for almost a decade and then come back and get awarded an achievement award for groundbreaking music videos lol a bunch of bs and Jimmy Fallon had the nerve to call him the President of Pop and a legend LOL!!!!!!
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote