Music Banter - View Single Post - Street Musicians Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
I can't stand street "musicians". I used to have to deal with these pricks all the time when I lived off of the Plaza in Kansas City; worthless ****s, blaring away, often times assisted by goddamned amps(!). I don't like being constantly inundated with music whether it be from an inconsiderate neighbor or a dickhead who thinks loud car stereos are cool, and I certainly don't like having to deal with it when the source is some almost-homeless wretch who has an entitlement complex because he's incoherently blaring away with his instrument.

edit: I've never in my life heard a "street musician" who wasn't worthless. You know why? Because if they could make any sort of meaningful money playing music, they wouldn't be on the damn street.
There are tons of people here in Chicago that busk only because they have to. Of course there are those that chose to do so because they just want people to hear their music, and have no other outlet, but for the ones that do it because they have no other income due to what ever reasons, I'd like to lock you in a room with a few of them, and have your above statement on 8.5x11 sheets taped all over the walls, and strewn across the floor.

Would be an interesting experiment. That entitlement **** goes both ways.