Music Banter - View Single Post - VMAs 2013
Thread: VMAs 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #111 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
When you say things like this

and this

That wasnt a good example.
How is that attacking him as a "human being"?
How is that attacking his "character"?

I am specificially speaking about his "music videos"which havent made a significant impact on pop culture.

The second opinion has nothing to do with Justin specifically and more to do with the industry's idealogies around the face of the R&B genre. This has been going on since the beginning of time. It makes no sense how this white man can go away fro seven years and mimic R&B music that has always beenin existence but for some reason when he does it is presented as something "innovative". There are much better R&B African American singers/artists that make much more authentic R&B music.

Quote:
You don't think that's a tad bit personal and that you are attacking him?
No I am not attacking him because my criticism is specifically on his music videos and the way the media/industry promotes him. All those things has nothing to do with him as a "person" which is why I dont understand why you think I am "attacking" him. Giving critique/criticism and attacking are two different things. What you did to Michael Jackson in that MJ thread was "attacking". You were attacking his "character" and judging who he was as a person. That is "attacking".

Quote:
It's not even about you constructively criticizing an artist what you say majority of the times comes off like you have a personal grudge against the artist and goes far beyond the scope of just backing up your opinion with logical reasoning.
Can you elaborate? Because looking at all your posts you seem to have a issue with anybody constructively criticising anything. In that Jay Z thread, I explained to you that I am very opinionated when it comes to music. Sometimes you make it appear as though your opinion is more superior than others. This is my opinion and you can overanalyze or misinterpret it anyway you want lol

Quote:
You don't flat out say the person sucks but the way you word things you might as well just come out and say you think the person sucks. You just sugar coat it. How is that real talk when you are tip toeing around it and sugar coating stuff?
Do you like to argue with people for the sake of it? lol

Because I think I have been pretty straightforward and direct with all my opinion on this site.

I flat out said from the get go that MTV should stop making their award shows because they dont even play music or music videos. I flat out said all the pop artists now for the most part are crap. I flat out said JT did not deserve that award because he has not made any groundbreaking music videos.

So I guess I am trying to figure out what more you want me to say and why you think I am sugarcoating my opinion??? lol You can search back and look at this entire thread. I have said the same things and have been pretty clear and direct with how I feel.

Quote:
You have to say it again more times and remind me because it doesn't seem like you feel that way when you say some of the stuff that you have within this thread.
In the JT thread, I said that his latest album was the same ol music he has been making since his debut but I also said that he at least tries to be creative with his music. He has some songs that I like and he makes descent music but I wouldnt call it groundbreaking either. Also, there are way better R&B artists but thats beside the point.

Quote:
Have you seen the people that have won the award after Michael Jackson? Do you think they deserve the award also?
Here is the link to it:
Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes I have seen it and I dont think Brittany Spears deserved it either.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote