Music Banter - View Single Post - VMAs 2013
Thread: VMAs 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #129 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I think it explained his response perfectly! I can imagine you saying, perhaps, that JT is good enough to receive the award, but not bashing anything that MJ has done! His stuff had a story and a progression, you don't get that too often these days. And if you do, they aren't as throught-out as his. Yeah he was screaming in a warehouse or garage or whatever but the dancing was always perfect. JT dances, but he doesn't always meet ALL the points MJ's videos did.
My point in all of that is the videos have not aged well. I appreciate MJ'S output and I lived the Jackson Five. I bought Off The Wall the day it came out on tape. I bought Thriller the day it came out. I enjoyed all the videos at that point but they lack something now besides thriller which is still pretty classic. I think there are alot more similarities in what both do then not. JT is obviously good enough to receive the award, its in a box in his garage as we speak. I'm just pointing out that if you go through both discographys and break down their videos there isn't much difference in the big picture. JT is every bit as popular as MJ was at his peak and also every bit as talented. I'd even venture to say that Justins choreography is at a higher level now. Dancing has progressed as much as anything.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote