Music Banter - View Single Post - Oh you have got to be kidding me!! Rolf Harris on sex charges???
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Nor should it. A sexual crime, especially one against a child, doesn't get less serious with time. In fact, lives are totally ruined and sexual development can be seriously stunted or skewed, so it would not be fair to say "oh it was ten years (or more) ago, let's forget about it". Not that I'm saying anyone here is saying that. But there has to be an exception, and I think in the cases of paedophilia it doesn't matter how long ago it was, you need to pay for your heinous crimes, if you are guilty. And I'm also relieved (would have said glad but that somehow doesn't seem an appropriate word to use) that celebrity does not protect those who engage in this evil behaviour.
For these reasons above it's not included in the limitations act, but I'm not so certain of other European countries in regards to this. The problem I've got with all this though, is that the whole thing does feel like a witch hunt against a certain element of the UK entertainment industry. Jimmy Savile opened the floodgates and then we had Jim Davidson, Dave Lee Travis, members of the Coronation Street cast and now goody two shoes Rolf Harris. If the accused are guilty, then all good and well that they've been found out and their victims should get justice, but it's amazing how a trickle of accusations has become a flood of accusations in the last year or so. Are the victims here, legitimate victims who should get justice, or false victims looking to get on a band wagon?
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote